SoundExchange staff descended on the SouthBySouthwest conference in Austin this week to educate the industry about digital performance royalties and attempt to top record-setting 2010 payouts by registering artists and copyright holders who haven’t yet claimed their share.
Yesterday, we released this list showcasing artists and attending labels at SXSW 2011 who are owed digital performance royalties, but have not registered to receive them:
SoundExchange also has money for unregistered artists and labels who aren’t on the official SXSW schedule. To collect these unclaimed royalties, artists/copyright holders must register at: http://bit.ly/SXRegistration or stop by booth 935 at SXSW for more information. Membership with SoundExchange is always 100% free.
Don’t forget to include SoundExchange royalties in your SXSW networking – tweet the link, tell a friend, and help us get every artist and label paid.
Where to find SoundExchange staff at SouthBy:
- We’ll be at trade show booth 935 all week, spreading the good news about SoundExchange and helping artists and rights holders register to get their share of digital performance royalties. Snag a copy of our SXSW unpaid list on a flyer or check out the 20 foot banner.
- It’s worth getting up early to catch SoundExchange on the “Profiting from Technology Online, Offline and On Tour” panel on March 15th at 9:30am
- Don’t miss our special Block Party, on Tuesday from 4-6. Stop by Booth 935 for a FREE BEER.
- Meet SoundExchange President Michael Huppe at Texas Grammy Foundation’s Block Party on March 17th, 5-8:30 at the Four Seasons (with invitation or $60 at the door).
- Grab a copy of our metadata backgrounder at NARM’s panel on March 15th at 11am