SoundExchange is an independent digital performance rights organization that represents the entire recorded music industry. SoundExchange’s mission is to support, protect and propel the music industry forward.
The Customer Service Agent, as part of the Account Services Department, serves as the first point of contact for current account holders and potential registrants by providing excellent customer service on the phone and using email. The Customer Service Agent is responsible for helping clients complete the registration process and with making updates to their existing accounts. The Agent answers inquiries about SoundExchange, specific account details, and payment histories. Additionally, they identify problems that cannot be resolved in one-contact and escalates the issues to the appropriate team. The CS Agent’s most important function is to create satisfied customers by providing accurate information and timely assistance.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients on the phone;
- Respond to emails received through accounts inbox in a professional and timely manner;
- Assist callers with the registration and account update processes;
- Provide answers to general inquires and specific account inquiries;
- Process updates to accounts in a timely manner;
- Meet minimum customer service quality standards;
- Provide support to SoundExchange staff;
- Process mail returns following quarterly distributions;
- Contribute to special projects (as needed);
- Work overtime (as needed) during peak traffic periods.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- BA or BS degree;
- Customer Service experience preferred;
- Computer skills: MS Excel, Outlook, (Salesforce and/or database experience is a plus);
- Detail-oriented person, able to work independently and report progress under tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and phone skills;
- Fluency in Spanish a plus;
- Knowledge of music genres is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.