At SoundExchange, we are re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our new software platform will be a set of federated systems that are highly scalable, accurate, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking an individual to become a member of our growing software engineering team and implement our enterprise software strategy. This person will be an experienced software developer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, scalable software.
Person will be responsible for the full lifecycle of software development – requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance and support. Person will work on developing new software, reusing and repurposing our current software, and integrating custom and 3rd party systems. Person should be familiar with a variety of programming languages, enterprise software engineering concepts, models, practices, and processes. Reports to the Director of Software Engineering.
- Be part of a small, collaborative team designing and delivering enterprise software solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Implement software development tools and frameworks.
- Design, code, test, and maintain software.
- Follow established software development standards and best practices.
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks to achieve software quality standards.
- Leverage and enhance continuous build and deployment tools.
- Leverage and follow Agile software development practices and techniques.
- Interface with key stakeholders in Project Management, Business and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
- Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems.
Skills and Requirements:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical field.
- At least 2 years of experience in software engineering/development.
- Proficient at designing and developing Linux-based software in Java.
- Proficient at designing relational data models and working with relational databases.
- Familiarity and comfort with Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices.
- Experience in any of the following a plus but not requisite: REST-based web-services, Python, Django, Twitter Bootstrap, jQuery, ETL, Amazon AWS.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with others.
Submit a resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please make sure to reference the position title in the subject line.