June 13, 2018
By William Glanz
School’s almost out. You know that means?
It means A2IM Indie Week is right around the corner. We always look forward to Indie Week because we get to hang out with the creative, motivated, entrepreneurial men and women of the indie world.
If you plan to attend Indie Week, please look us up. We’ll be there to meet with you. Here’s what our Indie Week lineup looks like:
- Taylor Gerber and Don Potter of the Rights Management team will participate in Executive One-on-Ones in the American Airlines & CI Executive Lounge;
- Business Process Management Analyst Jake Hertzog will discuss our new Music Data Exchange and provide demonstrations on the SoundExchange Outdoor Terrace;
- Director of Rights Management Scott Berenson will participate in a panel called “Easy Money: Capitalizing on Neighboring Rights,” which is scheduled for Tuesday, June 19 at 4:15 pm in the Abrazo Gallery. Other panelists include:
- Moderator: Charlie Phillips, Director of Legal and Commercial Affairs, Worldwide Independent Network (WIN)
- Damien Morjane, Founder, Rights’UP
- Monika Tashman, Partner, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Vic Zaraya, KIDZ BOP, a division of Concord Music
When our work is done at Indie Week, we plan to attend the Libera Awards to see the best and brightest of the vibrant indie community receive the recognition they deserve.
We are so honored to have received a nomination for the Independent Champion Award. Our efforts on behalf of hard-working indie artists and labels represent some of our most important work here at SoundExchange.
Check out our Declarations of Independents videos that we created this year to promote the important work of the indie community.
We’ll keep working on behalf of the indie community so labels and artists can focus on what they do best – create the music we love.
See you at Indie Week!