SoundExchange develops business solutions to benefit the entire music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of nearly 175,000 recording artists and master rights owners accounts and administers direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $5 billion in royalties. SXWorks, a SoundExchange subsidiary, acquired the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency Ltd. (CMRRA) which represents music publishers and administers the majority of songs recorded, sold and broadcast in Canada.
The Account Manager, as part of the Account Services Department, processes incoming registrations and supplemental documents by creating new accounts and making updates to existing accounts. The Account Manager is also responsible for the initial assignment of royalties to the accounts they create and for providing excellent customer service to their clients. The Account Manager is expected to accomplish these duties in an efficient and accurate manner to provide clients with timely service and maximized pay-through rates.
- Evaluate and process new registrations by creating new accounts and assigning royalties;
- Update existing accounts by processing supplemental documents/tasks;
- Provide excellent customer service via email and phone;
- Meet minimum production and quality standards;
- Work on special projects (as needed);
- Conduct document completion or claims clarification outreach to clients (as needed);
- Assist with Customer Care call overflow (as needed).
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree (or equivalent experience);
- Computer skills: MS Excel, Outlook, internet research (Salesforce and/or database experience is a plus);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Detail-oriented person, able to work independently and report progress under tight deadlines;
- Customer Service experience and/or knowledge of music genres is a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé and a copy of a writing sample from the last year to [email protected].