Under the direct supervision of the Controller, this position will manage a team, daily operations and all general ledger accounting activities ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting standards (GAAP) and maintenance of an adequate set of internal controls to mitigate risk and enhance accuracy of the company’s financial results in accordance with GAAP. This position will work closely with the Assistant-Controller. The ideal candidate will have strong technical accounting skills, working knowledge of GAAP, relevant work experience in a private and public accounting setting and ability to combine technical and management responsibilities with doing hands on accounting work.
- Manage day-to-day activities including all transactions related to accounts payable, distributions, employee expense reimbursements, salaries and benefits, royalty collections, investments, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, capitalized software costs, leases and intercompany transactions for all legal entities, etc.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual close process and timelines, including reviewing reconciliations for accuracy and the preparation and review of various internal and external reports and the stand-alone and consolidated financial statements within required close timeline
- Manage the financial statement audits, including coordinating and managing audit timeline, preparing and reviewing audit workpapers and the audit report
- Review of system generated consolidated and stand-alone balance sheet and income statement monthly
- Manage, train and evaluate team members
- Responsible for the consolidation process including the recording and review of consolidating entries, reconciliation of intercompany and investment in subsidiary and other complex related transactions
- Prepare annual financial statements, including cash flows, footnotes and disclosures in accordance with GAAP
- Analyze and reconcile translation adjustment transactions
- Ensure intercompany transactions are handled with accuracy and reconciled monthly to ensure proper elimination
- Research potential impact of new accounting standards, document impact and implement changes
- Serve as the technical GAAP expert for the team on various areas including new accounting standard updates, or the treatment of existing transactions for the organization and its subsidiaries
- Identify and implement process improvements as part of continuous improvement initiatives
- Demonstrate commitment to company core values, including a positive attitude and customer service towards internal and external parties
Skills and Qualifications
- CPA required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance or equivalent degree from a four-year college or university with three to five years of relevant work experience with one to two years of work experience in a managerial role required
- Strong technical knowledge and application of GAAP and financial reporting requirements including financial statements and financial statements footnotes
- Public accounting/audit experience is a plus
- Experience preparing and analyzing monthly financial reporting packages and financial statements
- Experience managing an accounting staff and involvement in the daily/monthly closing procedures, journal entries, reconciliations and controls
- Ability to understand issues, demonstrate resourcefulness and pro-actively and creatively resolve problems
- Ability to organize and concisely present verbal and written communications, including providing guidance to junior staff members, presenting accounting information to non-accountants, drafting accounting memos
- Ability to work independently and with teams across SoundExchange, Inc and Subsidiaries
- Ability to prioritize multiple/concurrent tasks, identify issues and resolve problems, and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Must have strong Microsoft Office and other computer skills (proficient use of Excel and Power Point required)
- Experience with Great Plains or large ERP system a plus
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.