SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
The Artist Rights Specialist, as part of the Account Services Department, primarily processes requests for royalty item (RI) associations and modifications, performer lineup research and creation within the Rights system and Salesforce. The Artist Rights Specialist is also responsible for assigning rights to royalty items without rights, collaboration maintenance, and Artist Rights-centric special projects. The Artist Rights Specialist is expected to accomplish these duties in an efficient and accurate manner to provide timely service and maximized pay-through rates.
- Associate artist RIs from pool;
- Modify RI associations;
- Collaboration creation and modification;
- Lineup research and creation;
- Meet minimum production and quality standards;
- Work on special projects (as needed);
Skills and Qualifications
- BA or BS degree;
- Computer skills: MS Excel, Outlook, internet research (Salesforce and/or database experience is a plus);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Detail-oriented person, able to work independently and report progress under tight deadlines;
- Knowledge of music genres is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.