SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
Assists in developing, releasing, integrating, maintaining, and supporting software applications and systems according to business needs and technology principles and standards. Familiar with a variety of enterprise software engineering concepts, models, practices, and processes. Relies on considerable experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Lead, develop, and manage a team of 5-10 engineers.
- Oversee the delivery of multiple engineering initiatives, projects and/or teams.
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dedication to engineering team success.
- Assist Senior IT members with company technology strategy and roadmap.
- Establish and promote use of technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency.
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Facilitate and ensure cross-project communication on cross-system feature and technical discussions.
- Support and improve established software development standards and best practices.
- Facilitate Architecture discussions and decision-making with other senior Engineering members.
- As needed, play a hands-on Technical Lead Developer role in software development projects and activities.
- Select and maintain software development tools and frameworks.
- Mentor team members in software design and development best practices.
- Ensure applications achieve a high level of security, quality, and maintainability.
- Actively manage and address software “technical debt”.
- Leverage and enhance continuous build and deployment tools.
- Leverage and follow Agile software development practices and techniques.
- Interface with key stakeholders in Project Management, Business and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
- Work with senior management to influence the technology and business direction of the organization.
- Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical field.
- At least 8 years of experience in software engineering/development.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Team Lead, Lead Developer and/or Software Architect role.
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining software engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to oversee multiple software projects or initiatives, concurrently.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient at designing and developing enterprise software.
- Proficient at designing and developing software using the JVM platform, Spring, Hibernate and AWS.
- Proficient at designing relational data models and working with relational databases.
- Proficient in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices.
- Experience building service-oriented applications using REST web services.
- Experience developing highly available, highly scalable software for transaction-oriented systems.
- Experience evaluating and leveraging 3rd party commercial and open source software.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Java, Groovy and Kotlin.
- Experience with financial services vertical.
- Experience developing double-entry accounting systems using immutable ledgers.
- Deep expertise with relational databases including understanding concurrency, locking and transactional concerns.
- Experience with microservices architecture using Docker, Fargate
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.