The Bilingual Artist Resolution Specialist, as part of the Client Resolutions team in the Customer Services department at SoundExchange, will work directly with featured artist performers to notify them of their actively disputed claims, explain the dispute process, and facilitate all necessary related interactions in English and Spanish. The Specialist is also expected to take action to execute the resolutions of disputes as agreed to by all parties. The Client Resolutions team is responsible for managing all aspects of overlapping and disputed repertoire claims made by labels and performers and the accurate payment of royalties to rights holders.
- Primary point of contact for assigned performer lineup dispute cases;
- Send written dispute notifications to all involved parties, based on expected turnaround times;
- Regularly communicate with SoundExchange artist registrants and their representatives to ensure their timely responses to disputes notifications and ultimately to resolve their dispute;
- Research claims and conflicts, adjust repertoire in SoundExchange systems as appropriate;
- Perform data mining exercises to identify possible misidentified repertoire and/or conflicts;
- Maintain accurate records of claimants’ repertoire and claims;
- Research or request performer level metadata as required;
- Work with other SoundExchange teams internally to perform data analysis as requested by disputing claimants;
- Assist team and liaise with Legal Department to complete tasks related to the Artist Dispute Mediation program as needed
Job Specific Skills
- BA or BS degree or applicable experience preferred;
- Fluency in English and Spanish;
- Computer skills: MS Excel, Outlook, internet research, (Salesforce, MS Access, and/or database experience is a plus);
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills in English and Spanish;
- Able to problem solve and work through conflicts;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Proven capacity to work independently, think critically, multi-task, and report progress under tight deadlines;
- Understanding of key concepts related to music repertoire ownership, is a plus;
- Strong work ethic and team player.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a résumé and cover letter to us at [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.