SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
This is a position in the IT Department of SoundExchange. This position will include regular interaction with technical and business stakeholders. You will be responsible for defining business and system requirements in order to design and deliver based on custom-built solutions. In this role, you should be highly analytical, be able to understand and communicate business needs and contribute to the implementation of the technical solutions. Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities are essential. Agile experience is a must-have.
- Elicit and document functional and technical requirements. Ability to create visualizations such as process/data flows, screens, wireframes, etc.
- Perform analysis and documentation of as-is capabilities about business processes, technology, etc.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources (business and technical), reconcile conflicts/needs, and decompose high-level and abstract information.
- Gather feedback from end users about system and update requirements.
- Assist in the application design activities (e.g. writing functional designs), portions of technology architecture and technical design activities and portions of technology build, test and deployment.
- Assist in development and testing of new business processes, capabilities, and as appropriate their supporting technologies
- Involved in deployment deliverables such as the testing, communications, and training, etc.
- Attend meetings, take notes, and later replicate notes in a high level of detail in order to relay any complex meeting discussions and/or concepts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc/BA in computer science, IT or relevant field; MSc/MBA in business will be a plus
- 2-4 years working experience in functional and/or technical design of custom technology applications (Java, .NET, C/C++)
- Must be able to self-manage and communicate effectively up and down the organization structure.
- Prior hands-on background in data management software applications, preferably in a data intensive environment, is a plus as well as basic knowledge of SQL
- Programming knowledge or experience
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft tools.
- IT consulting experience is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.