As an Analyst in our Business Development department, you will be a core member of the team that is helping to drive long-term revenue and growth for all of the SoundExchange Companies. You will play a key role in supporting the identification, planning and execution of new strategic business opportunities.
In this role, you will develop deep knowledge of both the sound recording and publishing sides of the music business, including the licensing, rights management and royalty distribution ecosystems, help identify and solve the most vexing licensing and data problems faced by the music industry today.
Ideal candidates will be able communicate business opportunities across teams and grasp complex operational and technical processes of business solutions. You like to wear multiple hats, work with cross functional teams and present information in clear and concise ways. You are excited about helping music creators thrive. This position is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter eager to blaze a new trail.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Business Development.
- Provide insight and expertise into business and operational opportunities at publishing companies and/or DSPs
- Support assessment and business planning of opportunities by conducting research and analysis around target customers, customer value propositions, market sizing, competitive landscapes, monetization, operational execution, route to market and financial impact.
- Ability to coordinate with cross functional teams, including IT, operations, communications, finance and legal, to develop business processes and workflows and identify and document business requirements.
- Assist in project managing execution of opportunities both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain internal communications that assist in team and cross functional coordination, such as business development pipeline and internal Confluence pages.
- Assist in periodic strategic planning process and ad hoc requests as they arise.
- Keep informed of news, trends and new business models in the industry.
Skills / Abilities:
- 4-6 years of experience at a music publisher or DSP in business development and/or licensing, royalties or copyright, administration departments.
- Prior product marketing, product management or customer development experience is a plus
- Team player with the ability to build strong, successful relationships both externally and internally. Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Ability to think strategically and problem solve. Comfort with managing evolving business needs and being scrappy to get things done.
- Excellent ability to research, synthesize and distill new business ideas and operational processes quickly.
- Highly organized and detail conscious with the ability to manage project timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including PowerPoint presentation experience.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.