SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
At Soundexchange, we are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer that can provide new analytical and reporting capabilities to support the users of our rapidly growing and evolving enterprise software platform. We’re seeking an energetic individual with a successful track record to join our Business Intelligence team to help design, develop, release, integrate, maintain and support new and existing analyses, dashboards, reports and advanced analytical reporting structures according to business needs and BI principles and standards. This person will be hands on, will have exceptional attention to small details and will excel in an agile, small, collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Business Intelligence.
- Ensure the high-quality delivery of BI, reporting and analytical solutions in proper form and time
- Provide value to the business by using advanced data visualization and data manipulation techniques
- Provide support for data mining activities
- Work with Business Analysts and perform requirements analysis as needed
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams on related activities and projects, help surface requirements and eliminate roadblocks
- Follow and improve SoundExchange’s policies, standards and best practices
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree, preferable in computer science, engineering, accounting or business
- Experience using BI tools such as OBIEE/OAC, Tableau or Qlik (preferably OBIEE/OAC)
- Working knowledge and experience of Business Intelligence concepts and Data Warehousing methodologies, i.e. Star Schemas, Dimensional Models, and Data marts.
- Solid Experience (3-5 years) in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of SQL
- Experienced and comfortable with Scrum or other Agile software development methodologies, processes, and practices
- Proven ability to write and execute complex SQL queries and Exposure to query optimization
- Expert technical skill levels with Database Query Tools (DataGrip, SQL Developer, TOAD, etc.)
- Expert level in Excel and Access and ability to manipulate disparate data sources
- Experience with Unit Testing framework
- Familiarity with high volume transactional systems
- Able to solve problems and work through conflicts
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, strong work ethic and team player
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].