SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
The Customer Service Agent, as part of the Account Services Department, serves as the first point of contact for current account holders and potential registrants by providing excellent customer service on the phone and using email. The Customer Service Agent is responsible for helping clients complete the registration process and with making updates to their existing accounts. The Customer Service Agent answers inquiries about SoundExchange, specific account details, and payment histories. The Customer Service Agent identifies problems that cannot be resolved in one-contact and escalates the issues to the appropriate team. The Customer Service Agent’s most important function is to create satisfied customers by providing accurate information and timely assistance.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients on the phone and via chat;
- Respond to emails received through the customer service queue in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist callers with the registration and account update processes;
- Provide answers to general inquires and specific account inquiries;
- Meet minimum customer service quality standards;
- Provide support to SoundExchange staff;
- Contribute to special projects (as needed);
- Work overtime (as needed) during peak traffic periods.
Skills and Qualifications
- Customer Service experience required. (minimum 1 year);
- BA or BS degree;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Computer skills: MS Excel, Outlook, (Salesforce and/or database experience is a plus);
- Detail-oriented person, able to work independently and report progress under tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and phone skills.
- Knowledge of music genres is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.