SoundExchange is looking for a highly organized, data driven, motivated and problem-solving Data Analyst to join its Publisher Services team.
Essential skills required for this role include the ability to:
- Accurately process and manage large amounts of data
- Research Music Publishing copyright and royalty requests
- Collect and link data to identify key data points for purpose of analyzing and supporting the company’s music publishing initiatives and products
- Present the results of data analysis to internal and external customers
- Carry out all tasks with an inquisitive mindset, an eye to detail and confidence in your ability to successfully execute Music Publishing Rights and Repertoire data
Working closely with the Senior Director, Music Publishing Rights Management and Senior Analyst, Publisher services, this role will report to the VP, Publisher Services. The position will participate in all music publishing rights and repertoire activities and will work closely with SoundExchange Operations, Customer Services, Business Process and Product management teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform in depth royalty and copyright analysis for internal & external customers
- Research requests for work related information such as interested parties, song & recording data
- Verify the accuracy of work shares and agreements to support music publishing activities
- Use research tools, database extraction, and data management techniques to provide analysis, insight and answers.
- Extract and identify relationships between Sound Recording and Musical Works identifiers from various data sources
- Provide data analysis support to music publishing activities and products
- Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required
Job Specific Skills:
- Strong initiative and detail-oriented problem-solving skills are essential
- The ability to present different aspects of data and analytics
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel proficiency
- The ability to develop & execute SQL queries to cross reference and analyze large complex sets of data
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- At least 3 years working in music publishing
- Good understanding and knowledge of international music industry standards and formats across the music publishing ecosystem e.g. DDEX, CWR etc.
- Responds appropriately to direction regarding deadlines, deliverables, key performance indicators and service levels
- The ability to escalate issues appropriately in a timely and professional manner
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.