SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
SoundExchange is currently expanding its Data Warehouse team. We are looking for a Data Quality Analyst. Ideal candidate would be an experienced Software Quality Assurance Analyst who is comfortable working in a Data Quality capacity. As a part of the compact team, the Data Quality Analyst will participate and contribute in the development and maintenance of the enterprise data warehouse as well as analytic components. The person filling this role will be responsible for QA testing and data quality analysis in order to facilitate the delivery of quality BI solutions within the enterprise.
- Participate in requirements gathering for Data transformation between source and target
- Design, develop, test, debug, implement and maintain ETL workflows, mappings, scripts, and stored procedures to support the data warehouse and reporting requirements.
- Write effective test cases based on requirements documents, design specifications and mockups
- Perform functional, performance and usability testing of ETL Transformations and source to target data flow
- Perform functional, performance and usability testing of BI Reports
- Perform in-depth data quality analysis from various sources to target mappings
- Create and keep up to date the documentation of the QA processes, data models and reports within Confluence portal
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree, preferable in computer science, engineering, accounting or business
- Strong analytical skills required
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts with a hands on experience in Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL
- Proven ability to write and execute complex SQL queries
- Comfortable working with Database Query Tools (Oracle SQL Developer, TOAD, etc.)
- Expert level in Excel and Access and ability to manipulate disparate data sources
- Solid understanding of Business Intelligence concepts and Data Warehousing methodologies, i.e. Star Schemas, Dimensional Models, and Data marts
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies
- Knowledge on Test Automation, and cloud technology (AWS) is a plus
- Ability to follow and develop data quality standards, metrics and audit procedures
- Familiarity with OBIEE or similar BI tools (Informatica/Pentaho) is a plus
- Experience with issue tracking systems such as JIRA (or similar) is preferred
- Familiarity with high volume transactional systems is helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally
- Able to solve problems and work through conflicts
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Highly organized, detail oriented, strong work ethic and team player
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.