Have you ever wanted to work in a role that directly impacts the music industry? Are you seeking a role that advances creative growth? Are you interested in contributing to a team that develops business solutions that benefit independent artists and music companies alike? Then join us at SoundExchange, where we have the privilege of serving the entire creative music community!
At SoundExchange, our software platform is a set of federated systems that are highly scalable, accurate, and modular. Systems run on an open-source stack and are deployed to a large AWS cloud-based infrastructure. We are seeking an individual to become a member of our DevOps Engineering team. In this role, you will be a team member developing and enhancing our DevOps automation capabilities. As the ideal candidate, you are a DevOps Engineer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing solutions that support the development and operations of high quality and highly available software. You also have a background in Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps.
As a member of our DevOps Engineering team, you will help design and implement new DevOps capabilities and enhance existing capabilities, focusing on the build and maintenance of our Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, and Deployment Automation capabilities. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to take on the design and implementation of solutions that increase resiliency, security, and proactive monitoring of our deployed systems and the AWS infrastructure.
With your help, we will collect and distribute digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. We will also work together to build and enhance the additional services (particularly for music publishing) that SoundExchange provides to the entire music industry.
- Contributes as a hands-on engineer to a DevOps team including design, development, and deployment of solutions to support our Software Engineering and IT operations teams.
- Works with team and stakeholders to create clean, maintainable technical solutions to complex business problems.
- Implement, maintain, and improve Systems Engineering and DevOps guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Work with internal and external personnel that are building and enhancing our DevOps tools and practices.
- Assist with determining guidelines and standards for deploying to Amazon Web Services Cloud infrastructure.
- Create and maintain automated scripts that will build, configure, deploy and test deployed applications.
- Assist with determining system and application security requirements and developing security solutions.
- Leverage, maintain, and enhance our 3rd party engineering tools, including Jenkins, Bitbucket (Git), Pingdom, New Relic.
- Provide Dev, Test, and Production environment operational support; assist with troubleshooting system-level issues and assist with designing and developing solutions to prevent future issues.
- Leverage and follow Agile/Kanban project delivery practices and techniques
- Interface with key stakeholders in Project Management, Engineering, and Infrastructure to ensure high quality delivery of software projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years supporting production Linux based, web infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience working with AWS services, including use of: EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, CloudFormation, Lambda, VPC.
- At least 2 years in automation using Python, Ruby or similar languages.
- Experience using automation tools with tools like Ansible (ideal), Puppet or Chef.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and driven with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with others.
- Experience with CI pipelines is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent field; work experience may be considered as a substitute.
- Comfortable supporting fast-paced development teams.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.