Assists in developing, releasing, integrating, maintaining, and supporting software applications and systems according to business needs and technology principles and standards. Familiar with a variety of enterprise software engineering concepts, models, practices, and processes. Relies on considerable experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the VP of Engineering.
This position will be based in Washington DC.
- Lead, develop, and manage a team of 5-10 engineers.
- Oversee the delivery of multiple engineering initiatives, projects and/or teams.
- Demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dedication to engineering team success.
- Assist Senior IT members with company technology strategy and roadmap.
- Establish and promote use of technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency.
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Facilitate and ensure cross-project communication on cross-system feature and technical discussions.
- Support and improve established software development standards and best practices.
- Facilitate Architecture discussions and decision-making with other senior Engineering members.
- As needed, play a hands-on Technical Lead Developer role in software development projects and activities.
- Select and maintain software development tools and frameworks.
- Mentor team members in software design and development best practices.
- Ensure applications achieve a high level of security, quality, and maintainability.
- Actively manage and address software “technical debt”.
- Leverage and enhance continuous build and deployment tools.
- Leverage and follow Agile software development practices and techniques.
- Interface with key stakeholders in Project Management, Business and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
- Work with senior management to influence the technology and business direction of the organization.
- Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical field.
- At least 8 years of experience in software engineering/development.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Team Lead, Lead Developer and/or Software Architect role.
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining software engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to oversee multiple software projects or initiatives, concurrently.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient at designing and developing enterprise software.
- Proficient at designing and developing software using the JVM platform, Spring, Hibernate and AWS.
- Proficient at designing relational data models and working with relational databases.
- Proficient in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices.
- Experience building service-oriented applications using REST web services.
- Experience developing highly available, highly scalable software for transaction-oriented systems.
- Experience evaluating and leveraging 3rd party commercial and open source software.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Java, Groovy and Kotlin.
- Experience with financial services vertical.
- Experience developing double-entry accounting systems using immutable ledgers.
- Deep expertise with relational databases including understanding concurrency, locking and transactional concerns.
- Experience with microservices architecture using Docker, Fargate
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.