SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will play a critical role on the finance team and will partner and strategize with other operational and financial leaders throughout SoundExchange’s strategic growth. This position will be responsible for the preparation of month-end financial reporting, development, maintenance and analysis of business models, including operational income statements, business development models, annual budgets, financial reports for the EVP & CFO, Executive team and the Board of Directors, analysis of financial data and trends, and forecasts for the next 3-5 years.
- Oversee the financial reporting relating to collections of more the $900 million in royalties and related distributions, and company expenses (consolidated and subsidiaries) and related reporting packages
- Oversee preparation, analysis, development and maintenance of monthly internal financial reports, reporting packages for month-end close and internal reporting (departments, executives, etc.)
- Educate senior finance and executives on critical metrics through regular reporting and analysis, develop new metrics to capture corporate initiatives as needed
- Manage financial analysis process for parent company, subsidiaries and business units
- Participate in strategic planning and other senior-level management activities
- Direct the development and prepare the annual budget, rolling forecasts and longer-term financial plans and variance analysis/business reviews including the applicable reporting packages and presentations
- Prepare presentations for the EVP & CFO to give to CEO, Executives, Board Committees, Board, external events
- Supports financial analysis at the highest level to assist in the evaluation of potential investments, mergers and or/acquisition, new products and business opportunities.
- Prepare pricing proposal or business development models, including product initial assessments, customer pricing and work closely with business development team on pricing new business initiatives.
- Oversee the maintenance of the financial reporting system (BI360), including defining, designing, and developing monthly preparation of performance dashboards for financial related information
- Develop and maintain a 3-5 year projected forecast model for use in the strategic planning process
- Working closely with Accounting to understand variances between actuals and forecast, as well as the preparation and review of EVP & CFO
- Complete various special projects / assignments as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a relevant degree
- 10-15 years of corporate FP&A experience. Experience with a public company preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, innovative, proactive and perform well in new situations
- Ability to interact effectively and persuasively with all levels, especially senior leaders and executive management
- Strong leadership skills. management, organization, and supervisor skills
- Superior analytical and detail-oriented with strong knowledge operational accounting, budgeting, and projections
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to lead and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks to high quality outcomes and grow and motivate staff
- Proactive in anticipating and preempting problems or bottlenecks and identifying process improvements
- BI360, and / or Great Plains experience preferred
- Led or participated in a BI Reporting implementation
- Forward-thinking self-starter who is systems-savvy, proactive, entrepreneurial, and comfortable suggesting process improvements.
- Serves as back-up to the VP of Finance for internal or external meetings as deemed necessary.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.