SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
This position will be the primary administrative support person to the President & CEO and Chief Technology Officer. This candidate must be able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events while managing and coordinating schedules, travel and special projects as required by the President and CTO. This position reports to the Director of the President’s Office and will work with the Director to manage priorities of the Executive Office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for calendar management for the office of the President & CEO and CTO
- Communicate regularly, professionally and timely with various constituents, including board members, staff, and industry leaders on behalf of the President & CEO and CTO
- Manage all expense reporting and submission for the President & CEO and CTO; ensures accurate and timely completion
- Coordinate all travel arrangements for President & CEO and CTO, which will include international travel and schedule coordination
- Coordinate setup for all in-office meetings of the President & CEO and CTO, including printing of documents, food, room setup, etc.
- Research and draft communications for President & CEO, including emails, memos, presentations as requested
- Manage storage of all necessary contacts for President & CEO
- Respond promptly on behalf of President & CEO to all communications that come in to you
- Ability to discern what issues need to be brought to the President & CEO’s attention and what can be handled on their behalf
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when they are out of the office to the satisfaction of the President & CEO
- Provides light administration to Director and project support to Executive Office
- Ability to be proactive and anticipate needs of the President & CEO and CTO as appropriate
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years of Executive support experience, preferably for a senior executive
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain strict confidence at all times
- Strong communication skills that include the ability to write clearly and informatively and be able to easily interpret written information
- Experience coordinating international travel/scheduling preferred
- Ability to approach others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure, treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Accepts responsibility for their own actions and follows through on commitments
- Displays willingness to make decisions that exhibit sound and accurate judgment
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with a strong eye for detail and efficiency
- Flexible to work later as needed depending on priorities/needs of the President & CEO
- Ability to manage regularly changing priorities while ensuring all required work gets completed
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.