SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 202,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
This role will support the Financial Planning and Analysis presence throughout the organization. The individual in this role will work closely with business/functional leaders to ensure that optimal financial performance is achieved. This person will report to the FP&A Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage industry experience to make an impact on a growing organization.
The position requires a hands-on financial professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid organization environment. The individual must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries. They must be highly organized, attentive to detail and comfortable at working in situations where the data is uncertain or ambiguous. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and work well within a team environment.
- Financial reporting and analysis relating to royalty collections, related distributions, and company expenses
- Analyze and maintain monthly financial reporting using BI360, Solver, and Excel
- Provide monthly variance reports which highlight key drivers and cause of change
- Deliver accurate and timely financial analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Support process to deliver quarterly forecasts, annual operating plan, and long-term strategic plan
- Partner with cross functional teams including senior executives within the organization
- Complete various special projects / assignments as required
- 5+ years of relevant financial planning and analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a relevant degree with strong knowledge of GAAP
- Excel and Power point skills, with a focus on the use of advanced features of spreadsheets.
- High performer with potential for future increasing responsibility
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Analytical and detail-oriented with strong knowledge of operational accounting, budgeting, and projections
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Oracle BI, BI360, and Great Plains is a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.