SoundExchange develops business solutions to benefit the entire music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of nearly 175,000 recording artists and master rights owners accounts and administers direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $5 billion in royalties. SXWorks, a SoundExchange subsidiary, acquired the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency Ltd. (CMRRA) which represents music publishers and administers the majority of songs recorded, sold and broadcast in Canada.
This is a position in the IT Department of SoundExchange within the program management domain. This will include regular interaction with technical and business stakeholders and will be responsible for the leading requirements for cross-process projects. The role will be joining a small team and must be a self-starter and team oriented. It is an opportunity to join at a transformative time as this role will assist with establishing processes, and best practices for requirements for SoundExchange development projects. Qualified applicants must be creative problem solvers, detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have strong leadership and team management skills as well as experience in building and maintaining client relationships. Agile experience is a must-have. Experience in digital music or music publishing, specifically leading software development projects is desired. Position is in Washington, D.C., with willingness to hire employee based in Nashville, TN (however being on-site would be required for the first 9 to 12 months).
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources (business and technical), reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level and abstract information.
- Elicit requirements through current state analysis, data analysis, using interviews, document analysis, and on the fly requirements whiteboard sessions.
- Develop creative and out-of-the-box visualizations such as wireframes, process flows, screens etc. to capture and convey the breath/depth and complexity of the problem and to educate, validate, and collect requirements from multiple stakeholders.
- Analyze requirements and data to develop compound scenarios to discover gaps, dead-ends and conflicts.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business processes and end users.
- Plan, develop, adhere to, and communicate the requirements approach that is logical for the business sponsor, type of project, and team.
- Perform other related duties including testing functionality and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Attend meetings, take notes, and later replicate notes in a high level of detail in order to relay any complex meeting discussions and/or concepts.
Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred, plus two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in various methodologies: Agile, Agile Scrum, Waterfall,
- Assertive, professional and polished – must be able to self-manage and communicate effectively up and down the organization structure.
- Must be able to recognize exceptions and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers and have experience fostering cross-functional communication, understanding and consensus
- Bachelors’ degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 6 years’ of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Takes initiative and accountability, and is comfortable leading others and holding them accountable to project deadlines and milestones.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including systems analysis, design, testing, debugging, implementation and maintenance.
- Prior hands-on background in data management software applications, preferably in a data intensive environment, is a plus as well as basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft tools.
- IT consulting experience is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.