Have you ever wanted to work in a role that directly impacts the music industry? Are you seeking a role that advances creative growth? Are you interested in contributing to a team that develops business solutions that benefit independent artists and music companies alike? Then join us at SoundExchange, where we have the privilege of serving the entire creative music community!
At SoundExchange, we have developed a cloud-based enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, resilient, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking individuals to become members of our growing IT team to help evolve SoundExchange’s software strategy and products and expand our service offerings to the music industry.
We’re hiring an IT Business Analyst that will be responsible for defining business and system requirements in order to design and deliver based on custom-built solutions. In this role, you will be highly analytical, have the ability to understand and communicate business needs and contribute to the implementation of the technical solutions. Your excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities will be essential in this role. Agile experience is a must-have.
With your help, we will collect and distribute digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. We will also work together to build and enhance the additional services (particularly for music publishing) that SoundExchange provides to the entire music industry.
- Elicits and documents functional, business, and technical requirements. Creates visualizations such as process/data flows, screens, wireframes, etc.
- Performs analysis and documentation of as-is capabilities about business processes, technology, etc.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources (business and technical), reconciles conflicts/needs, and decomposes high-level and abstract information
- Gathers feedback from end users about system and update requirements
- Assists in the application design activities (e.g. writing functional designs), portions of technology architecture and technical design activities and portions of technology build, test and deployment
- Assists in development and testing of new business processes, capabilities, and as appropriate their supporting technologies
- Participates in deployment deliverables such as the testing, communications, and training, etc.
- Attends meetings, takes notes, and replicates notes in a high level of detail in order to relay any complex meeting discussions and/or concepts
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc/BA in computer science, IT or relevant field
- MSc/MBA in business will be a plus
- At least 5 years working experience in functional and/or technical design of custom, not COTs, technology applications (Java, .NET, C/C++)
- Must be able to self-manage and communicate effectively up and down the organization structure
- Prior hands-on background in data management software applications, preferably in a data intensive environment, is a plus as well as basic knowledge of SQL
- Programming knowledge or experience
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, and Microsoft tools
- IT consulting experience is a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.