SoundExchange works at the center of digital music, developing business solutions to benefit the entire music industry. SoundExchange collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 155,000 recording artists and master rights owners and administers direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. The company also serves music publishers through the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency (CMRRA). To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $4.5 billion in royalties.
This is a senior level position in the IT Department of SoundExchange within the program management domain. This will include regular interaction with stakeholders and business sponsors and will be responsible for the leading and assisting to drive current and future projects in a leadership role. The role will be joining a small team and must be a self-starter and team oriented. It is an opportunity to join at a transformative time as this role will assist with establishing processes, team structures, and best practices for project management for SoundExchange development projects. This role will work in coordination with the Director of Project Management.
Qualified applicants must be creative problem solvers, detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have strong leadership and team management skills as well as experience in building and maintaining client relationships. Project Managers must have Agile experience.
- Experience in music industry, specifically leading software development projects in the music industry.
- Minimum 10 years’ of leadership experience with responsibility for delivering large-scale, cross-functional results in an enterprise-class environment
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience successfully managing large-scale change
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience engaging highly collaborative stakeholder involvement, including joint venture projects and/or third party solution implementations in an IT environment
- Assists with assessing current project management process, quality of work, and standards and provide recommendations and suggestions for process and organizational improvements
- In close coordination with other senior leadership at SoundExchange and within the IT Dept., implement, apply, and oversee new project management recommendations and processes
- Structures and manages integrated, multi-track project
- Can work with stakeholders to establish and maintain a process to manage scope and requirements, knows when to pushback and can relate this to other project concepts or strategic company initiatives
- Manages peer-level client relationships (expectations, communications, negotiations, escalation, feedback, etc.).
- Leads the development and tracking of integrated project plans.
- Strong communication skills that can effectively establish and maintain expectations and clarity around project timelines and scope
- Organizes and facilitates project planning and presentations
- Orchestrates efforts of cross-functional teams to execute on strategic initiatives to ensure all stakeholders are aligned and updated
- Collaborates closely with SX IT and PM Directors on establishing priorities for new initiatives and implementing communication practices across teams
- Develops relationships with, and ensures the appropriate participation of, key client stakeholders and client executives. Provides day-to-day project contact for the client
- Manages and coordinates multiple project milestones and dependencies
- Responsible for track planning, risk/issue identification and mitigation, activity tracking, monthly statuses and reporting, and ensuring the quality of deliverable products. The candidate will be expected to provide leadership and direction to the team
- Responsible for perform the necessary analysis to support requirements gathering and solutioning
- Responsible for project budgeting and forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA/Master’s degree preferred
- Agile experience required preferably with Jira and Confluence
- Consulting background a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.