SoundExchange develops business solutions to benefit the entire music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of nearly 175,000 recording artists and master rights owners accounts and administers direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $5 billion in royalties. SXWorks, a SoundExchange subsidiary, acquired the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency Ltd. (CMRRA) which represents music publishers and administers the majority of songs recorded, sold and broadcast in Canada.
This is a senior level position in the IT Department of SoundExchange within the project management domain. This will include regular interaction with stakeholders and business sponsors and will be responsible for leading project delivery and overseeing multiple project teams. The role will be joining a small team and must be a self-starter and team oriented. This role will work in coordination with the Associate Director of Project Management and report to the Director of Project Management. Qualified applicants must be creative problem solvers, detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have strong leadership and team management skills as well as experience in building and maintaining relationships. Project Managers must have Agile experience. Experience in digital music or music publishing, specifically leading software development projects is desired. Position is in Washington, D.C., with willingness to hire employee based in Nashville, TN (however being on-site would be required for the first 9 to 12 months).
- Develops, structures and manages integrated, multi-track projects. Leads and monitors the development and project plans.
- Responsible for the estimation of project in terms of time and staffing. May be responsible for recruitment.
- Responsible for project planning, risk/issue identification and mitigation, activity, milestone and dependencies tracking, monthly statuses and reporting, and ensuring the quality of deliverable products.
- Responsible for scope and requirements management. Can facilitate conversations with alternative options in order to negotiate with stakeholders and build consensus and drive decisions.
- Engages stakeholders appropriately to solicit feedback at every stage from kick-off through delivery.
- Explains the tradeoffs and impact involved in the technical and operational decisions made.
- Promotes the value of project processes and establishes these processes on the project.
- Strong communication skills that can effectively establish and maintain expectations and clarity around project timelines and scope.
- Manages peer-level and cross-department relationships (expectations, communications, negotiations, escalation, feedback, etc.).
- Develops relationships with, and ensures the appropriate participation of, key stakeholders and executives.
- Responsible for project budgeting and forecasting.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA/ Master’s degree preferred
- Consulting background a plus
- At least 10 years project management experience
- Agile experience required preferably with Jira and confluence
- Experience in leading / high level of participation in strategy oriented projects from initiation
- Experience in directly supervising the work of BA(s), APMs, or Track Leads & Domain Leads. Mentors and coaches project team members, as appropriate.
- 8+ years of relationship management experience with primary accountability for stakeholder relationships
- Experienced multiple full project lifecycles from business development to final delivery
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously (preferably in an integrated program)
- Demonstrated ability to craft and define a strategic business solution based on broad stakeholder goals
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.