Have you ever wanted to work in a role that directly impacts the music industry? Are you seeking a role that advances creative growth? Are you interested in contributing to a team that develops business solutions that benefit independent artists and music companies alike? Then join us at SoundExchange, where we have the privilege of serving the entire creative music community!
At SoundExchange, we have developed a cloud-based enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, resilient, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking individuals to become members of our growing Engineering team to help evolve SoundExchange’s software strategy and products and expand our service offerings to the music industry.
We’re hiring a Lead Data Engineer to assist in standing up to a new data-centric team as we grow and expand our cloud-based music royalty administration platform. We’re looking for someone who is both a technical leader and an engineer with knowledge of various data access patterns, implementations, and reference architectures who can help implement and improve our data strategy. You will work with stakeholders to analyze and build out prototypes, acquire and reconcile data from a variety of internal and external sources, collaborate across teams to design and implement our cross-system data integration capabilities, and provide expertise in the use of AWS data acquisition and management toolsets. In this role you will roll up your sleeves and be hands-on while building, coaching, and mentoring the team.
With your help, we will collect and distribute digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. We will also work together to build and enhance the additional services (particularly for music publishing) that SoundExchange provides to the entire music industry.
- Provide hands-on technical direction and leadership to a small team focused on cross-platform data needs
- Collaborate across agile teams to elicit and identify requirements, design, and implement effective data solutions
- Oversee the delivery of data engineering initiatives and projects
- Help define, architect, and implement a forward-looking data strategy
- Establishes and promotes use of technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency
- Interfaces with key stakeholders in Project Management, Business and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 6 years of experience in software engineering
- 4 years of experience in data engineering or related experience preferred
- Proficiency deploying and maintain applications within AWS environments
- Experience with implementation of data-centric AWS tools (RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena, Batch)
- Experience integrating and reconciling data across disparate data sources
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, Scala)
- Proficiency and passion for automated testing
- Proficient at designing relational data models and non-relational repositories
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Proficient in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices
Nice to have Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure-as-code technologies
- Experience building and maintaining CI pipelines
- Experience with Docker
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.