Have you ever wanted to work in a role that directly impacts the music industry? Are you seeking a role that advances creative growth? Are you interested in contributing to a team that develops business solutions that benefit independent artists and music companies alike? Then join us at SoundExchange, where we have the privilege of serving the entire creative music community!
At SoundExchange, we have developed a cloud-based enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, resilient, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking individuals to become members of our growing Engineering team to help evolve SoundExchange’s software strategy and products and expand our service offerings to the music industry.
We’re hiring a Lead Data Engineer to assist in standing up a new data-centric team as we grow and expand our cloud-based music royalty administration platform. We’re looking for someone who is both a technical leader and engineer with knowledge of various data access patterns, implementations, and reference architectures who can help lead our data strategy. You will work with stakeholders to analyze and build out prototypes, support bringing together various data sources as well as collaborate across teams to conceptualize and implement our cross-system data integration designs and capabilities. In this role you will roll up your sleeves and be hands-on while building, coaching and mentoring the team.
With your help, we will continue to collect and distribute digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. We will also work together to build and enhance the additional services (particularly for music publishing) that SoundExchange provides to the entire music industry.
- Provides hands-on technical direction and leadership of a small team focused on cross-platform data needs
- Works collaboratively across agile teams to elicit and identify requirements, design, and implement effective data solutions
- Oversees the delivery of engineering data initiatives and projects
- Supports both long-term data lake/data hub initiatives as well as ad-hoc analysis and ETL activities
- Helps define, architect, and implement a forward-looking data strategy
- Establishes and promotes use of technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency
- Interfaces with key stakeholders in Project Management, Business and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 6 years of experience in software engineering or equivalent
- 4 years of experience in data engineering or related experience preferred
- Proficiency with AWS environments and implementation of AWS data tools (RedShift, RDS, Migration Services)
- Hands-on experience working with a variety of data repository models including Data Marts, Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
- Experience integrating data across many different systems and data sources
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with Java
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Proficient at designing relational data models and working with non-relational databases (NoSQL)
- Proficient in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.