SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
At SoundExchange, we have re-architected and rebuilt our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our new software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, accurate, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking an individual to become a lead member of our growing Engineering team and implement SoundExchange’s software strategy. This person will be a hands-on lead developer/architect that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, agile, and DevOps environment and is passionate about developing high quality, scalable software.
This person will be responsible for the full lifecycle of software development – requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance and support. Person will work on developing new software, reusing and repurposing our current software, and integrating custom and 3rd party systems. Person should be familiar with a variety of programming languages, enterprise software engineering concepts, models, practices, and processes. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to the Associate Director of Software Engineering.
- Lead developer/architect role in software development projects and activities.
- Be part of a small, collaborative team designing and delivering enterprise software to achieve business objectives.
- Perform requirements analysis, design, code, test, and maintain software.
- Establish and promote use of technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency.
- Support and improve established software development standards and best practices.
- Mentor more junior team members in software design and development best practices.
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks to achieve software quality standards.
- Leverage and enhance continuous build and deployment tools.
- Leverage and follow Agile software development practices and techniques.
- Interface with key stakeholders in Project Management, Business and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
- Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical field.
- At least 6 years of experience in software engineering/development.
- At least 4 years of experience in a lead developer/software architect role.
- Proficient at designing and developing enterprise software.
- Proficient at designing and developing Linux-based software in Java.
- Proficient at designing relational data models and working with relational databases.
- Proficient in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices.
- Experience developing highly available, highly scalable software for transaction-oriented systems.
- Experience evaluating and leveraging 3rd party commercial and open source software.
- Experience building service-oriented applications using REST web services a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with others.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.