The Specialist assists with the execution and maintenance of routine programs for the Licensee Relations group of the License Management department, which is SoundExchange’s public face for service providers. The Specialist also answers questions from (and offering assistance to) current and prospective service providers regarding these issues and/or statutory licensing, as well as supporting the department in projects and assignments as needed. This includes questions and assistance with use of Licensee Direct. The Specialist reports directly to the Sr. Manager, License Operations.
- Ensure proper functioning of the various routine programs and gap analyses regarding payments, Statements of Account, and Reports of Use, including related processes, as assigned;
- Ensure proper functioning of the case resolution process regarding non-allocable inventory from service providers, including payments, Statements of Account and Reports of Use;
- Assist with set up and use by services of Licensee Direct, the online portal for licensees’ submissions to SoundExchange.
- Communicate with current and prospective service providers for the purposes of both case resolution and as an educational resource regarding statutory licensing;
- Assist the Manager in designing process improvements and solving issues that arise, resolve bottlenecks and process issues, escalate problem areas to the Director as appropriate;
- Work closely with the other Specialist, Manager, and other members of the License Management department in ensuring a smooth and efficient assigning of payments, SOAs and ROUs;
- Hit the metrics as determined for the Licensee Relations group, as determined by the Manager.
Skills and Qualification
- BA or BS (or equivalent experience); minimum 1-3 years’ work experience
- An understanding of key music industry concepts related to statutory licensing
- Process experience with complex information workflows
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong aptitude for working with computer systems
- Experience using Salesforce helpful
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to both convey complex information, as well as effectively handle “difficult” customers
- Able to problem solve and work through conflicts
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and strong follow-up skills
- Strong work ethic and team player
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.