At SoundExchange, we’re re-architecting our Business Intelligence platform in order to provide new analytical and reporting capabilities to the various users of our core enterprise platform. We’re seeking an energetic and experienced manager with a successful track record to join our Business Intelligence team to help design and build new analyses, dashboards, reports, data mining structures and analytical reporting infrastructure utilizing advanced analytical and data visualization techniques.
This position reports to the Associate Director of BI & Distribution Operations and will be a hands-on Manager with experience in Agile Project Management, requirements gathering, quality assurance, BI solutions and knowledgeable on enterprise Data Warehousing concepts that excels in a small, collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
This position will be based in Washington DC.
- Manage a Business Intelligence team composed of BI developers and Analysts
- Own the entire BI development lifecycle and ensure the high-quality delivery of BI analytical solutions in proper form and time
- Expand and promote use of BI and Analytics throughout SoundExchange to increase value additions utilizing self-service reporting and instituting general awareness of BI
- Communicate effectively and build strong relationships with key business stakeholders along with departmental colleagues, specifically with the Data Warehouse and Data Mining teams
- Establish and adhere to budgets, schedules, work plans and quality requirements
- Continuously improve SoundExchange’s methodologies, processes, standards and best practices
- Create and keep up to date documentation of all processes, data flows and analytical structures
Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, management, or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in IT project management
- At least 5 years of experience in IT or software development
- Experienced and comfortable with Scrum or other Agile software development methodologies, processes, and practices
- Strong tech background with a good understanding of BI and enterprise data warehousing architecture, concepts and best practices
- Proven ability to write and execute complex SQL queries and exposure to query optimization
- Exposure to Analytics and Data Mining methods is advantageous
- Familiarity and exposure to Oracle Cloud technologies is advantageous
- Familiarity and exposure to AWS BI and Analytics technologies is advantageous
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with others
- Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, strong work ethic and team player
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.