SoundExchange is conducting a search for a Manager, Communications & Public Relations. This position will support the Vice President, Communications & Content Strategy on the day-to-day management and execution of the company’s external and internal marketing communications, publicity and content creation strategies to build awareness and equity for SoundExchange and its portfolio of brands. The position will be based in New York (preferred) or Los Angeles.
With this person’s help, SoundExchange will effectively communicate to core audiences (creators, music industry influencers, legal and government bodies, and policymakers, etc.) about its important role in collecting and distributing digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees.
- Development of press materials and content, including media kits, talking points, pitches, press releases, media alerts, blog posts, bylines/op-eds, social media posts, etc.
- Media outreach and press relations, both inbound/reactive and outbound/proactive, across national, business, technology, music and entertainment, serving as main contact for trade media
- Development and ownership of targeted media lists and trackers, including journalists, bloggers, social media influencers, and other storytellers
- Development of member communications in support of the company’s roster of over 200,000 music creators
- Support on internal communications, including creation of talking points, companywide memos, executive communications, videos, internal blogs, Town Hall messaging, etc.
- Preparation for executive visibility initiatives, inclusive of briefing books, interview prep sessions, talking point preparation, staffing of conferences and panels, etc.
- Support on sponsorships and events, inclusive of trade events, conferences, award shows, etc.
- Shared responsibility for corporate social media and digital content development and management across all platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- Shared responsibility for stewardship of SoundExchange website
- Management of PR/Communications tools, including Cision, PRNewswire, MuckRack, and others.
- Mentorship of junior staffers on the team
- Day-to-day collaboration with agency partners and consultants
- Other ad hoc communications and public relations needs as they arise
- 8+ years of media relations, public relations, and/or corporate communications experience, preferably in an agency setting.
- Strong media rolodex across a broad range of influencers and journalists covering the music, entertainment, technology and business landscape.
- Impeccable writing skills and a knack for narrative creation and storytelling
- Proven experience working with teams across multiple geographic locations.
- Significant digital and social media experience, with ability to adapt to new platforms.
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to navigate a fluid and dynamic environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Polished self-starter with go-getter attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.