The Manager, Content and Social Media, will help execute SoundExchange’s external communications strategy by developing and leading a range of initiatives related to executive visibility, earned media, event activations, and the development of internal and external content.
This person will work closely with the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Vice President, and Sr. Manager, Communications, and help lead junior staff in order to support these initiatives. Successful candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have experience developing a range of materials for executives and external use that include memos, presentations, long-form content (blogs, op-eds, etc.).
The ideal candidate would be an excellent project manager who can develop a work plan, help manage other staff and consultants, and contribute their own written work – all while meeting tight deadlines. The individual will be a critical member of the Communications department. It is important for them to be a strategic thinker who also wants to dig in and get things done. This position will be based in New York, NY.
- Support the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer and Vice President of Communications with the execution of strategic communications plans to meet defined objectives.
- Develop and oversee specific communications projects that may include events, speaking engagements, sponsorships, advertising, etc., including management of production schedules, internal staff, and external vendors.
- Develop and execute social media and digital strategies to support various events and activations.
- Support the team with the development and execution of an editorial calendar, including developing social media content related to specific initiatives.
- Support the Vice President and Sr. Manager, Communications & PR in the development and execution of an executive visibility program for the President and CEO.
- Draft and edit compelling content that includes ad copy, social content, email copy, and strategy memos.
- Support senior management with board reporting and other internal employee communications.
- Support senior management with achieving KPIs assigned to social and content.
- Support junior staff with program social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube) as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 plus years of public relations or communications experience either at an agency or in-house. Knowledge of the entertainment industry or technology sector is a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled at supporting executive communications, including memo development, talking points, and presentations.
- Adept at developing and executing editorial calendars, including the production of digital and social content.
- Demonstrable record of developing effective presentations and comfort with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Outstanding organization and project management skills, with the ability to see the big picture and have attention to meticulous detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and partners.
- Excellent mentoring capabilities and an ability to set an example for other staff; strong overall management skills.
- Undergraduate degree or relevant applicable work experience
- Flexibility to travel, if needed.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.