SoundExchange develops business solutions to benefit the entire music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of nearly 175,000 recording artists and master rights owners accounts and administers direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $5 billion in royalties. SXWorks, a SoundExchange subsidiary, acquired the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency Ltd. (CMRRA) which represents music publishers and administers the majority of songs recorded, sold and broadcast in Canada.
This newly created role will support the effort to rebuild and further expand the Financial Planning and Analysis presence throughout the organization. The individual in this role will work closely with business/functional leaders to ensure that optimal financial performance is achieved. This person will report to the FP&A Director. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage industry experience to make an impact on a growing organization.
The position requires a hands-on financial professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and fluid organization environment. The individual must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries. They must be highly organized, work with minimal supervision, be attentive to detail and comfortable at working in situations where the data is uncertain or ambiguous. The successful candidate will adapt quickly to change and work well within a team environment. Travel to Canada will also be required at various times. (any prior work experience in Canada is a plus)
- Oversee the financial reporting relating to royalty collections, related distributions, and company expenses
- Prepare, analyze, and maintain monthly financial reporting using BI360, Solver, and Excel
- Provide monthly variance reports which highlight key drivers and cause of change
- Business case modeling for new initiatives to assist in strategic decisions for the organization
- Deliver accurate and timely financial analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Manage multiple priorities while meeting tight deadlines
- Manage process and deliver quarterly forecasts, annual operating plan, and long-term strategic plan
- Partner with cross functional teams including senior executives within the organization
- Complete various special projects / assignments as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of relevant financial planning and analysis experience; 3+ years of managing staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a relevant degree with strong knowledge of GAAP
- Excel and Power point skills, with a focus on the use of advanced features of spreadsheets.
- High performer with potential for future increasing responsibility
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
- Analytical and detail-oriented with strong knowledge operational accounting, budgeting, and projections
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Oracle BI, BI360, and Great Plains is a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé and a copy of a writing sample from the last year to [email protected].