SoundExchange develops business solutions to benefit the entire music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of nearly 175,000 recording artists and master rights owners accounts and administers direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $5 billion in royalties. SXWorks, a SoundExchange subsidiary, acquired the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency Ltd. (CMRRA) which represents music publishers and administers the majority of songs recorded, sold and broadcast in Canada.
The Manager, Global Public Policy, will report to the VP for Global Public Policy and be a key part of SoundExchange’s policy team. The successful candidate will be energized by SoundExchange’s advocacy mission to support and protect the rights of music creators and prepared to provide strategic support across all elements of our advocacy work.
- Assist with drafting fact sheets, policy briefs, talking points, and related advocacy materials that clearly communicate message and goals;
- Assist in the planning, targeting, and organizing of legislative advocacy by our sizable grassroots constituency;
- Track relevant legislative activity and think creatively to identify opportunities to further SoundExchange’s policy message and goals;
- Actively engage in building a strong creator-centered political action committee.
- Support internal budget and lobbying disclosure reporting process;
- Work with communications team to ensure consistent advocacy messaging and coordinate development and preparation of policy-related newsletters and updates to constituents;
- Work closely with members of the SoundExchange team to gather data and other resources necessary to support advocacy efforts;
- Provide regular updates of advocacy materials for website;
- Coordinate preparation of briefing materials for in-house and coalition meetings and events;
- Provide logistical support for all advocacy events.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), strongly prefer 3+ years of Hill experience, related political or campaign experience or prior experience in an advocacy/policy shop, or trade association;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to prepare concise briefing materials and presentations;
- Experience organizing events for Hill constituents;
- Extraordinary professionalism and diplomacy and proven ability to exercise good judgment;
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and constituents.
- Ability to anticipate needs, take initiative and get things done;
- Proven capacity to multi-task and prioritize, track and coordinate multiple projects.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.