SoundExchange works at the center of digital music, developing business solutions to benefit the entire music industry. SoundExchange collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 155,000 recording artists and master rights owners and administers direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. The company also serves music publishers through the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency (CMRRA). To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $5 billion in royalties.
- Conference and event management
- – Manage all aspects of conference and event participation.
- – Understand the marketing objectives of conferences or event, attendees, sponsors, and partners and create solutions to achieve these objectives.
- – Recommend conference and event participation and extent of participation (i.e. sponsorship, adjacent activities, etc.), based on evaluation of conference and event marketing objectives.
- – Negotiate sponsorships of conferences and events and subsequently ensure all elements of sponsorships are fulfilled.
- – Lead the conference and events analytics efforts including defining KPIs and action plans and following-up with attendees post-conference or event to develop ROI reports.
- – Assist in prepping panelists, presenters, speakers and attending representatives by ensuring timely receipt of current talking points and/or presentation materials.
- – Collaborate with Comms team member responsible for maintenance of the company website to ensure conferences and event page on company website is up-to-date.
- – Maintain meticulous records of all conference and event information and participation details in Salesforce (i.e. attendees, speaking opportunities, tasks, deadlines, costs, etc.).
- – Handle administrative tasks related to conference and event participation including but not limited to registrations processing, management of ticketing processes, and coordination of travel.
- – Provide logistical support for conference and event participation including but not limited to exhibit planning (collaborating with exhibit/show managers and decorators to determine on-site layout of branded space), development and production of marketing materials and promotional items, and shipment management (ensuring appropriate quantities of materials and adequate arrival times).
- – Assist in organizing and working special events as needed – including but not limited to management of third-party event planners, sourcing venues, catering, and entertainment based on program format and budget, guest list management, guest check-in, and event volunteer on-boarding and direction.
- Marketing materials management
- – Oversee development and production of all marketing materials and promotional items.
- – Maintain current record of inventory.
- Provide support to Communications department as needed.
- Coordinate and work on team projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field (or equivalent experience)
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in marketing, events or communications in a corporate environment
- Excellent project management and on-site trouble-shooting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Candidates will also have an interest in and passion for the music industry and event production/planning
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and with the team in a dynamic and growing organization
- Must have experience with Salesforce
- Willingness to learn new systems and software
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.