The Licensing & Enforcement Analyst is a member of the SoundExchange Legal Department’s Licensing and Enforcement team, and will work on a wide variety of legal, operational, and policy projects relating to SoundExchange’s mission. Those projects include reaching out to and educating Internet radio services about the statutory license that SoundExchange administers, researching the Internet radio industry, fielding questions from Internet radio services regarding the requirements of the statutory license, and conducting research in support of policy matters. This position requires 20 hours per week.
This position will be based in Washington DC.
- Identifying Internet radio services that are not relying on the statutory license
- Contacting and educating Internet radio services about the statutory license that SoundExchange administers
- Keeping targeted enforcement matters moving and up to date
- Contacting new statutory licensees and explaining how the statutory license works
- Keeping various industry and streaming service reports up to date
- Conducting research for internal and external policy matters
- Providing analysis and support for lawyer staff on various projects
- Contacting rights owner to confirm direct licenses
Skills and Qualifications
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Capable of delivering high quality work and thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Strong research skills
- Sound judgment and conflict management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Close attention to detail
- Prior experience in a law firm, trade association, or legal department of a company is preferred
- Substantial experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is a plus
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree from a four year college or university
- This job is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter with a strong interest in the music industry and new media
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.