Reporting to SoundExchange’s Director of Business Process and Product Management, the Product Manager is responsible for delivering a successful product in a cross-functional role. They represent both business stakeholders and customers in the definition and delivery of exceptional products and services. They collaborate with multiple stakeholders including business sponsors, project managers, engineers, and customers, fulfilling the role of an Agile product owner in the product development lifecycle.
A successful Product Manager is able to execute a shared vision among stakeholders to enable product development. They can break down complex problems into simple requirements. They are the voice of the customer while simultaneously maintaining a strong understanding of how the solution fits into the larger business strategy. Product Managers at SoundExchange participate in product definition, requirements gathering, roadmap execution, KPI management, testing, launch, training, and transition to operations and maintenance.
The successful candidate is passionate with product management experience in agile software development and ideally, has experience in the music industry. They are an effective communicator and able to interpret and present business objectives and requirements to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. A clear and concise writing style is required.
This position will be based in Washington DC.
- Lead and participate in product discovery sessions
- Develop comprehensive processes, workflows, and product visuals to define the product
- Identify and document business requirements
- Participate in workshops and meetings with the product squad to ensure that project goals and phasing meet evolving business needs
- Understand proposed technical implementations and their ability to address business and system functional requirements
- Plan and execute UAT efforts with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and manage product OKRs and KPIs to provide visibility and reporting on progress
- Create training materials and lead user training sessions
- Assist with product marketing efforts
Skills and qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience as a product manager
- Experience in the music industry, music publishing experience is a strong plus
- BA or BS degree (or equivalent); MBA is a plus
- Passionate and a self-starter; comfortable with developing and driving product visions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized, detail oriented, strong work ethic and team player
- Able to solve problems and work through conflicts
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.