SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
SoundExchange is looking for an Analyst to oversee all the business workflows in the back-end of our Repertoire Database. We are seeking an energetic individual with a successful track record to join our Repertoire and Distribution Services department to own our automated repertoire feeds ingestion processes, provide repertoire-related analyses, provide support for day-to-day repertoire-related operations, design and complete data exercises and collaborate with various stakeholders to drive data efforts to completion in time. This person will be hands on, will have exceptional attention to detail and will excel in an agile, small, collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced environment. This position reports to the VP of Repertoire and Distribution Services.
- Ensure the continuous, accurate, timely, smooth, high-quality and successful ingestion of repertoire feeds via DDEX ERN, DDEX MLC and CSV templates
- Ensure that all the sound recording ownership data communicated to Soundexchange via repertoire feeds is properly ingested in a timely fashion into our Rights Management system
- Collaborate with other teams and with internal and external stakeholders and ensure that the various DDEX standards handled by Soundexchange properly support current and future business needs
- Support repertoire front-end users and other stakeholders as needed
- Identify and propose enhancements, create business requirements, UAT new functionality as needed and otherwise work with our IT team to get future releases of our repertoire database successfully deployed
- Perform data analyses on repertoire data and develop comprehensive plans for repertoire data projects
- Help onboard new repertoire submitters as needed
- Lead efforts on other repertoire-related projects as needed
- Continuously improve Soundexchange’s methodologies, processes, standards, and best practices
- Create and keep up-to-date documentation of all processes, data flows, and ingestion data structures related to our repertoire ingestion backend processes
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams on related activities and projects
- Follow international standards and best practices.
Skills and qualifications:
- BA or BS degree, preferable in computer science, engineering, accounting or business
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile software development methodologies, processes, and practices
- Exceptional technical, problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Able to follow and develop data quality standards, metrics, and audit procedures
- Proven ability to write and execute complex SQL queries
- Experience with Database Query Tools (DataGrip, SQL Developer, TOAD, etc.)
- Experience exchanging data via XML, validating files via XSD, converting data via XSL
- Expert level in Excel and Access and ability to manipulate disparate data sources
- Familiarity with high volume transactional systems
- Able to quickly gain proficiency with unfamiliar systems and processes
- Able to solve problems and work through conflicts
- Highly organized, detail oriented, strong work ethic and team player
- Understanding of key concepts related to music and rights management
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Familiarity with data warehousing and business intelligence concepts is a plus
- Familiarity with big data and NoSQL concepts is a plus
- Familiarity with high volume transactional systems is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.