SoundExchange develops business solutions to benefit the entire music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of nearly 175,000 recording artists and master rights owners accounts and administers direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $5 billion in royalties. SXWorks, a SoundExchange subsidiary, acquired the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency Ltd. (CMRRA) which represents music publishers and administers the majority of songs recorded, sold and broadcast in Canada.
The Repertoire Matching Specialist, as part of the License Management Department, examines digital sound recording metadata in Reports of Use as submitted from Licensees, enabling accurate and expedient royalty payments by matching that data to our repertoire database.
The specialist’s role is to increase and sustain a high rate of royalty throughput individually, and for the department. The specialist may create and resolve cases related to unprocessed Reports of Use (which may involve contact with Licensees), as directed by the Manager. The specialist will, as needed, also research artists, labels, and sound recording copyright owners, to correctly identify metadata contained within such Reports of Use. The specialist will also handle cases related to Notice of Intent claiming exercises as assigned.
- Match repertoire reported by licensee music services using customized royalty administration interface, using additional research if need be.
- Ensure the accuracy and quality of reported metadata.
- Create and resolve Reports of Use cases (which may involve contact with Licensees) as directed by the Senior Manager.
- Special assignments and projects, related to matching duties as described above.
- Review and compile information from Notice of Intent claims as assigned.
Skills and Qualification:
- BS or BA degree from an accredited 4-year college (or applicable work experience);
- Computer skills: internet research, MS Excel, and preferably MS Access;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Understanding of key concepts related to music repertoire ownership;
- Detail-orientated team player, with strong work ethic;
- Familiarity with music genres and music business a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.