Under the supervision of the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant will be an integral member of the Accounting Operations team. The individual will be a significant contributor to the month-end accounting close and reporting process, leading large components of the daily accounting functions for SoundExchange, Inc and Subsidiaries to facilitate the monthly balance sheet and income statement consolidation and timely close of Company’s records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The ideal candidate will have strong accounting principles background, preferably working both in private and public accounting setting, and possess the understanding of medium size and/or larger company operations dealing with increased levels of operational complexity and transaction volumes.
- Responsible for various aspects of the day-to-day accounting operations related to analyzing accounting transactions, preparing and recording of month-end journal entries for all facets of the monthly close process
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual close process and timely completion of deliverables according to the close calendar, including the preparation of journal entries in accordance with GAAP, preparation and presentation of account reconciliations, account analysis and the preparation, review and presentation of stand-alone and consolidated financial statements within the required timeline
- Prepare and complete monthly account reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts within the closing schedule deadlines and resolve reconciling items on a timely basis
- Accounts Payable functions including coding of invoices, monitoring invoice workflow in the automated Accounts Payable processing tool, processing of weekly check runs, and responding to internal and external inquiries related to Accounts Payable and T&E transactions
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial packages and KPIs for senior management and Board of Directors
- Assist with technical accounting research of new accounting pronouncements and propose accounting treatment as it relates to SoundExchange, Inc. Document accounting treatment as applicable
- Support external interim and year-end compliance work such as but not limited to financial audit and reviewing audit schedules and reports as listed on PBCs
- Perform administrative functions in the Company’s employee expense reporting system (Concur Online) and assist with training to new employees as needed
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy of underlying accounting records and accounting systems/applications and reduce time to close
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the accounting records as applicable in their role, the financial reports generated from the Company’s reporting tool and adhering to the Company’s internal controls, accounting policies and procedures
- Engage in various department and company-wide initiatives and complete/lead other ad hoc projects to support management reporting and analysis requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in Accounting or Finance role required
- CPA license or candidate preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and other accounting concepts and experience in their application
- Strong general ledger experience (month-end close, reconciliations and full cycle general ledger) required
- Ability to work independently and with teams across SoundExchange, Inc and Subsidiaries
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office and other MIS tools
- Experience with Great Plains or large ERP system a plus
- Experience with Concur Travel & Expense module a plus
- Exposure to annual budgeting and forecasting process a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple/concurrent tasks, identify issues and resolve problems, and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a multi-currency environment
- Strong work ethic, organizational and written/verbal communication skill
- Self-starter, detail-oriented with strong analytical, interpersonal skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.