Have you ever wanted to work in a role that directly impacts the music industry? Are you seeking a role that advances creative growth? Are you interested in contributing to a team that develops business solutions that benefit independent artists and music companies alike? Then join us at SoundExchange, where we have the privilege of serving the entire creative music community!
At SoundExchange, we have developed a cloud-based enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, resilient, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking individuals to become members of our growing Engineering team to help evolve SoundExchange’s software strategy and products and expand our service offerings to the music industry.
We’re hiring a Senior Director of Engineering that is responsible for overseeing the enterprise software platform, and engineering teams for one or more lines of business. In this role you will work closely and often in-tandem with the VP of Engineering, providing general oversight and guidance to the Engineering department. You will have the opportunity to add focused technical leadership, technical architecture, and mentor capabilities to the platform engineering team as a whole, to both enhance our existing products and help guide the development of new ones as well. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is provided within this exciting role.
With your help, we will continue to collect and distribute digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. We will also work together to build and enhance the additional services (particularly for music publishing) that SoundExchange provides to the entire music industry.
- Directly partners with the VP, Engineering to oversee all aspects of the engineering team
- Works with senior IT members on technology strategy, road mapping, and software development and delivery processes
- Supports technical analysis, estimation, and review of new business initiatives
- Facilitates technical discussions with technical directors, product owners, and stakeholders
- Identifies and promotes the use of new technologies and processes that lower risk and increase efficiency
- Manage and oversees the technical teams and initiatives, including estimation and delivery of software development and integration and projects
- Promotes responsibility, accountability, and dedication to Engineering team success
- Interfaces with key stakeholders in project Management, business and technology operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
- Ensures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements
- Facilitates and ensures cross-project communication and technical discussions
- Supports and improves software engineering standards and best practices
- Collaborates with engineering leads to select and maintain software development tools and frameworks
- Ensures applications achieve a high level of security, quality, and maintainability
- Lead, coach, and develop technical staff to reach their potential
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10 years of experience in software development, engineering and architecture
- 3 years of experience in a Director of Engineering role or equivalent
- Cross-platform architecture support
- Leadership in technical software engineering with hands-on experience
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level technical professionals
- Experience recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining software engineers
- Ability to oversee multiple software projects or initiatives, concurrently
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Experience with teams developing Linux-based software using most of the following: Java, Python, Lightweight Web-frameworks (Django/Pylons/Rails), Angular, Spring, Hibernate
- Proficient at designing data models and working with relational and non-relational databases
- Proficient in Agile software development methodology, processes, and practices
- Experience with service-oriented applications using RESTful web services
- Experience evaluating and leveraging 3rd party commercial and open source software
- Strong experience with AWS and cloud-native systems and services
- Excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills
- Proven solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experienced leader able to utilize the servant leadership approach by putting their people first and leading through encouragement and humility
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.