Have you ever wanted to work in a role that directly impacts the music industry? Are you seeking a role that advances creative growth? Are you interested in contributing to a team that develops business solutions that benefit independent artists and music companies alike? Then join us at SoundExchange, where we have the privilege of serving the entire creative music community!
At SoundExchange, we have developed a cloud-based enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, resilient, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking individuals to become members of our growing Engineering team to help evolve SoundExchange’s software strategy and products and expand our service offerings to the music industry.
We’re hiring Senior Software Engineers with strong Java development experience that will be contributors to the full lifecycle of our software development process as part of our Publishing Distribution Engine team. This team is building out new capabilities to meet the needs of our growing Music Publishing business. In this role, you will be hands-on, performing software development, responsible for developing new features, modifying and refactoring existing design and integrating custom and 3rd party systems. You will bring skills in full stack development and have a deep knowledge of object-oriented software engineering practices and principles.
With your help, we will collect and distribute digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. We will also work together to build and enhance the additional services (particularly for music publishing) that SoundExchange provides to the entire music industry.
- Contributes as a hands-on engineer to a small full-lifecycle software development team including design, development, and deployment including automated and functional/behavior-driven testing
- Develops new features in a highly collaborative environment
- Follows and improves software development best practices to achieve a high level of quality, maintainability, and security
- Works with team and stakeholders to create clean, maintainable technical solutions to complex business problems
- Actively contributes to the team software design and development process by bringing new ideas and alternative ways of solving problems, contributing to design sessions, and improving quality of code through code reviews and other quality metrics
- Leverages and enhances continuous build and deployment tools
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of overall software engineering experience
- Proficiency with Java (8/11+)
- Proficient using one or more of the following tools or technologies: SQL, Git, Spring
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications within AWS or equivalent technologies including utilizing RDS, Lambda, Step Functions, Athena, Aurora, SQS, Fargate
- Experience in Agile software development methodology, teams, processes, and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have Skills or Qualifications:
- Experience building enterprise software with complex business rules, domain models, and data models
- Experience designing and developing microservices or other distributed systems
- Experience with Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code technologies
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.