SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
The Senior Specialist, Communications will help execute SoundExchange’s external communications strategy by developing and leading a range of initiatives related to executive visibility, earned media, event activations, and the development of internal and external content. This person will work closely with the Chief Communications Officer, Vice President, and Senior Manager Communications, and help lead junior staff in order to support these initiatives. Successful candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience developing a range of materials for executives and external use that include memos, presentations, long-form content (blogs, op-eds, etc.). The ideal candidate would be an excellent project manager who can develop a work plan, help manage other staff and consultants, and contribute their own written work – all while meeting tight deadlines. The individual will be a critical member of the Communications department. It is important for them to be a strategic thinker who wants to dig in and get things done.
- Support the Chief Communications Officer and Vice President of Communications with execution of strategic communications plans to meet defined objectives
- Develop and oversee specific communications projects that may include events, speaking engagements, sponsorships, advertising, etc., including management of production schedules, internal staff, and external vendors.
- Support the Senior Manager, Communications with the development and execution of an editorial calendar, including developing social media content related to specific initiatives.
- Support the Vice President and Senior Manager, Communications in the development and execution of an executive visibility program for the President and CEO.
- Draft and edit compelling content that includes press releases, op-eds, newsletter articles, and other external materials on various topics related to SoundExchange’s work.
- Support senior management with board reporting and other internal employee communications.
Skills and qualifications:
- Experience working in public relations or public affairs focusing on music, entertainment, or technology topics
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience supporting executive communications, including memo development, talking points and presentations.
- Experience developing and executing editorial calendars, including the production of digital and social content.
- Demonstrable record of developing effective presentations and comfort with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Outstanding organization and project management skills, with ability to see big picture and have attention to meticulous detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and partners.
- Excellent mentoring capabilities and an ability to set an example for other staff.
- Industry experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree plus relevant work experience.
- Flexibility to travel, if needed.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.