SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. The organization collects and distributes digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 185,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts. Its technology solutions help turn massive amounts of data into accurate revenue for creators and include: Music Data Exchange (MDX), International Standard Recording Codes (ISRC) Search, and the Notice of Intention to Use (NOI) LOOKUP. To date, SoundExchange has paid out more than $6 billion in royalties.
The Senior System Administrator position requires a self-motivated person who requires little assistance or guidance in performing their main job responsibilities. They will be counted on to perform in a collaborative environment, but capable of performing their duties independent of instruction. Their primary responsibility is to maintain and support the corporate infrastructure. They will also provide senior leadership within the helpdesk and desktop support and will be an escalation point for team members and at times provide end user support. Several years of System Administrator experience is expected.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving corporate servers. This involves patching, upgrading, troubleshooting, and performing overall services that improve the functionality the servers provide.
- In charge of corporate data backups. Monitoring the backups and performing restores as necessary.
- Responsible for services that assist with desktop support, such as managing the asset and patching system, and anti-virus system.
- Assist with other corporate infrastructure needs as required, such as supporting the VPN or the corporate network devices.
- Relied upon to handle projects independently when requested.
- Play a senior role on the helpdesk, and providing an escalation point for fellow staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of Active Directory, Windows Servers and Desktops, Apple Macs, DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP.
- Experience with Cisco devices, Palo Alto firewalls, and Amazon Web Services and its capabilities
- A certain amount of scripting is required.
- Familiarity with Linux, Lambda, Python, and PowerShell is a bonus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.