Have you ever wanted to work in a role that directly impacts the music industry? Are you seeking a role that advances creative growth? Are you interested in contributing to a team that develops business solutions that benefit independent artists and music companies alike? Then join us at SoundExchange, where we have the privilege of serving the entire creative music community!
At SoundExchange, we have developed a cloud-based enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, resilient, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking individuals to become members of our growing IT team to help evolve SoundExchange’s software strategy and products and expand our service offerings to the music industry.
We’re hiring a Sr. Technical Project Manager that is a creative problem solver, detail-oriented, results driven and works well within team environments. In this role you will have strong leadership and team management skills as well as experience in building and maintaining relationships. You will have regular interaction with stakeholders and business sponsors and will be responsible for leading and assisting to drive current and future projects. Within this role, you will be joining a small team and will be a self-starter and team oriented. You will have an opportunity to join at a transformative time and assist with establishing standards, processes, team structures, and best practices for project management for SoundExchange development projects.
With your help, we will collect and distribute digital performance royalties on behalf of over 245,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. We will also work together to build and enhance the additional services (particularly for music publishing) that SoundExchange provides to the entire music industry.
- Manages one or more large scale projects concurrently
- Manages close coordination with other senior leadership at SoundExchange and within the IT Dept., implements, applies, and oversees new project management recommendations, processes, quality of work, and standards
- Orchestrates efforts of cross-functional teams to execute on strategic initiatives to ensure all stakeholders are aligned and updated.
- Structures and manages integrated, multi-track projects and oversees other PMs, tech lead, and BA delivery on these projects
- Collaborates with stakeholders to establish and maintain a process to manage scope and requirements, and relates this to other project concepts or strategic company initiatives
- Manages peer-level cross-department relationships (expectations, communications, negotiations, escalation, feedback, etc.)
- Manages and coordinates multiple project milestones and dependencies related to a group of projects that are executed by other PMs, Tech Leads or BAs
- Develops relationships with, and ensures the appropriate participation of, key stakeholders and executives.
- Responsible for track planning, risk/issue identification and mitigation, activity tracking, monthly statuses and reporting, and ensuring the quality of deliverable products. The candidate will be expected to provide leadership and direction to the team.
- Manages annual and monthly budgeting and capacity forecasting for a team of 10 – 15 people that are contractors and employees across OPEX and CAPEX budget categories
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA/ Master’s degree preferred
- At least 10 years project management experience
- Experience in leading / high level of participation in strategy oriented projects from initiation
- Experience in directly supervising the work of BA(s), APMs, or Track Leads & Domain Leads. Mentors and coaches project team members, as appropriate.
- Agile experience required preferably with Jira and confluence
- 5+ years of relationship management experience with primary accountability for stakeholder relationships
- Strong communication skills that can effectively establish and maintain expectations and clarity around project timelines and scope.
- Experienced multiple full project lifecycles from business development to final delivery
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously (preferably in an integrated program)
- Demonstrated ability to craft and define a strategic business solution based on broad stakeholder goals
- Consulting background a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.