SoundExchange provides royalty solutions for sound recordings and publishing, serving as a critical backbone to today’s digital music industry. With our work at the intersection of technology, music, and advocacy, we pride ourselves on the open, passionate, forward-thinking vision that guides us to rock every performance, every day. Sound interesting? Come join the band!
SoundExchange offers an exciting, robust 12-week internship program each summer for bright, talented students to work in our Washington, D.C., office. The program is designed to expand both your exposure to and experience within the current music industry. As a SoundExchange intern, you will have the unique opportunity to learn about a variety of topics and participate in training and development opportunities—all the while doing work that contributes to our mission of helping music creators get compensated fairly and accurately for their work.
- Brand Marketing & Industry Engagement
- Public Affairs & Government Relations
- Music Royalty Operations, Customer Services and Business Process Management
- Legal (Licensing & Enforcement)
Program Highlights & Details:
- Engage with various SoundExchange leaders across the organization
- Participate in a music industry/SoundExchange 101 educational series
- Conduct informational interviews with SoundExchange employees from a variety of departments
- Learn about our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) programs at SoundExchange, as well as our thoughts on some of the DEI challenges and opportunities the music industry is facing today
- Make a direct impact in the music industry community
- Build your network with your fellow interns and SoundExchange staff
- Spend the summer in our nation’s capital, taking in all that downtown Washington, D.C., has to offer (NOTE: 2021 interns will not be required to be in Washington, D.C., as SoundExchange offices are only open on a voluntary basis. In the future, interns would need to provide own accommodations, etc.)
The 2021 SoundExchange internship program will begin on Monday, May 24, 2021 and end on August 13th, 2021. The hourly rate is $15.00 per hour, and most roles are approximately 30 hours per week.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older on or before the first day of the internship program
- Be an undergraduate (heading into your junior or senior year is preferred)
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program in an accredited college or university, or a student at a relevant professional boot camp or advanced educational program
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
The summer 2021 program will be accepting applications from now until April 15, 2021. A transcript and resumé must be included with your application, as well as a cover letter outlining your interest in SoundExchange and what department(s) you’d prefer to work with during the program.
If you are interested, please send your transcript, resumé, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.