SoundExchange is the premier music tech company developing best in class, proprietary solutions that turn data into accurate revenue for creators. We work with over 3,500 digital service providers—including companies such as iHeartMedia, Pandora, SiriusXM, Sonos—as well as more than 250,000 music creators and rights holders to manage roughly $1 billion in annual royalties. Beyond that, we are the voice for fair pay for artists in the global and legislative discourse. We are a company of passionate, diverse experts committed to leveraging data, tech and advocacy in order to make the business of music more efficient and fairer for all.
SoundExchange offers a robust 10-week internship program each summer for talented, motivated students to work in our Washington, D.C., office. The program is designed to expand exposure to and experience in the music industry, as well as provide relevant, practical work experience.
As a SoundExchange intern, you will have the unique opportunity to learn about a variety of topics and to participate in trainings, all the while contributing to SoundExchange’s mission, forging new professional relationships, and building your resume. Come join the band!
- Brand Marketing & Industry Engagement
- Public Relations
- Music Royalty Operations
- Customer Service
- Finance & Accounting
- Legal (Licensing & Enforcement)
- Information Technology
Program Highlights & Details
- Engage with various SoundExchange leaders across the organization
- Participate in a music industry/SoundExchange 101 educational series
- Conduct informational interviews with SoundExchange employees from a variety of departments for those interested
- Learn about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives at SoundExchange
- Build your network with your fellow interns and SoundExchange staff
- Spend the summer in our nation’s capital, taking in all that it has to offer (NOTE: Our goal is that all 2022 interns will be able to work from our Washington office as required during their internship. This will be subject to SoundExchange office status as it relates to the ongoing pandemic, but interns will be asked to confirm a general willingness and ability to work from Washington).
- The 2022 SoundExchange internship program will begin on Monday, June 6, 2022 and end on August 12, 2022. The hourly rate is $17.00 per hour, and interns will be asked to work approximately 35-40 hours per week.
To apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older on or before the first day of the internship program
- Undergraduates preferred (heading into your junior or senior year is also preferred); graduate students may still apply
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program in an accredited college or university, or be a student at a relevant professional boot camp or advanced educational program
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA
The summer 2022 program will accept applications from now until March 31, 2022. A transcript and resumé must be included with your application, as well as a cover letter outlining your interest in SoundExchange and what department(s) you’d prefer to work with during the program.
If interested, send your transcript, resumé, and cover letter to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, effective January 1st, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.