Are you a driven communications professional who is passionate about music and wants to support the people and organizations that make it? Are you looking for a fast-paced job that rewards creative thinking, hard work, and a desire to impact? Do you want to join a collaborative team that provides opportunities for growth? If so, join SoundExchange’s Corporate Affairs team in our category-leading work as the world’s premiere music-tech company, working to make the business of music more efficient, simple, and fair for all.
The Specialist, Communications & PR is a foundation of the support infrastructure in the Communications division, furnishing documents, meeting notes, presentations, and organizational systems to keep projects of all scopes and sizes running smoothly. You will help implement SoundExchange’s communications strategy by supporting a range of initiatives. Those efforts include enhancing the company’s communications with music creators, producing internal and external presentations and products, growing the company’s digital footprint, and interfacing with an array of stakeholders.
You will work closely with the Senior Manager of Communications & PR as well as the Vice President, Communications & Content Strategy to develop a high volume of internal and external work products and participate in the planning and execution of programs, sponsorships, and industry events across SoundExchange’s Corporate Affairs division.
Successful candidates will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, have experience managing mass email platforms, developing PowerPoint presentations, maintaining media and distribution lists in Excel, and looking for the “yes” in each challenge. The ideal candidate is a solution-oriented fast learner who is organized and has an eye for detail. This position will be based in New York, NY.
- Provide support to Senior Manager, Communications & PR on all relevant projects including creation of internal and external documents and work products, event planning and event recaps, drafting press materials, speaking points, run-of-shows, and tool kits
- Work closely with SoundExchange Customer Service and Brand Marketing divisions to manage distribution lists, email templates, and email sends
- Draft press releases, media briefings, blog posts, internal corporate communications, and prepare information for key stakeholders or the media
- Manage and maintain organizational systems that ensure the smooth running of the Communications team, ranging from agendas and recaps, to digital files, and collaborative digital documents
- Program social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube) as needed
- Analyze, measure, and develop comprehensive presentation-style recaps for communications and media projects
- Keep a finger on the pulse of industry trends and news, and identify opportunities to drive the conversation around SoundExchange’s fintech solutions, category innovation, leaders, and experts
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of editorial calendars and participate in tracking and pitching editorial award submissions and social media moments
- Perform and present research when necessary to support brand communications and marketing initiatives
- Provide support (and sometimes attend) at events, from planning to execution. Ready to roll up sleeves at events and take on any task, no matter how small or large
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of public relations or communications experience either at an agency or in-house
- Exceptional organizational and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate and drive brand messages across platforms
- Provide essential support for PR and marketing initiatives, including research, creating and maintaining status and process documents, and managing flow of information across project participants
- Work on interdisciplinary teams with stakeholders from different departments and levels of seniority
- Maturity and discretion to handle sensitive information and interface occasionally at the C- level of the company
- Capacity to pivot quickly and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Salesforce, Meltwater (or similar monitoring platform), and more
- Flexibility to travel, if needed
- Undergraduate degree in English or Public Relations and/or relevant work experience in PR or corporate communications
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal work hours as necessary for a communications role
- Capacity and willingness to work in extremely fast-paced, sometimes high-stress, ever-changing environment
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.
Note: Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will not be permitted to access SoundExchange offices until they are fully vaccinated. As a condition of employment, all SoundExchange employees will be required to be fully vaccinated by January 1, 2022. SoundExchange will provide reasonable accommodations for employees who cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or sincerely held religious belief. Accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.