The Support Agent, as part of the Customer Services Department, serves as the first point of contact for current account holders and potential registrants by providing excellent customer service on the phone and using email. The Support Agent is responsible for helping clients complete the registration process and with making updates to their existing accounts. The Support Agent answers inquiries about SoundExchange, specific account details, and payment histories. The Support Agent identifies problems that cannot be resolved in one-contact and escalates the issues to the appropriate team. The Support Agent’s most important function is to create satisfied customers by providing accurate information and timely assistance.
This position will be based in Washington DC.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients on the phone and via chat;
- Respond to emails received through the Support queue in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist callers with the registration and account update processes;
- Provide answers to general inquires and specific account inquiries;
- Meet minimum customer service quality standards;
- Provide support to SoundExchange staff;
- Contribute to special projects (as needed);
- Work overtime (as needed) during peak traffic periods.
Skills and Qualifications
- Customer Service experience required. (minimum 1 year);
- BA or BS degree preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Computer skills: MS Excel, Outlook, (Salesforce and/or database experience is a plus);
- Detail-oriented person, able to work independently and report progress under tight deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal and phone skills.
- Knowledge of music genres is a plus.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.