Have you ever wanted to work in a role that directly impacts the music industry? Are you seeking a role that advances creative growth? Are you interested in contributing to a team that develops business solutions that benefit independent artists and music companies alike? Then join us at SoundExchange, where we have the privilege of serving the entire creative music community!
At SoundExchange, we have developed a cloud-based enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software platform is a set of cloud-native, federated systems that are highly scalable, resilient, and modular, leveraging both custom-built and 3rd party components. We are seeking individuals to become members of our growing IT team to help evolve SoundExchange’s software strategy and products and expand our service offerings to the music industry.
We’re hiring a Technical Project Manager that will be responsible for defining business and system requirements in order to design and deliver based on custom-built solutions. In this role, you will be a team player with experience in Agile-based software delivery methodologies. SoundExchange Project Managers (PMs) wear many hats; in addition to the typical project overview role, you will have the opportunity to perform requirements gathering and quality assurance (testing) activities as required. On software development projects, you will work closely with the tech and business teams to help surface requirements and eliminate roadblocks, and to communicate all issues among all stakeholders.
With your help, we will collect and distribute digital performance royalties on behalf of more than 200,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees. We will also work together to build and enhance the additional services (particularly for music publishing) that SoundExchange provides to the entire music industry.
- Manages one or more projects concurrently
- Documents and aligns requirements from Technical, Product, and Client users and Stakeholders
- Assists in establishing and adhering to project schedules, work plans and quality requirements
- Interfaces with and maintains strong relationships with key stakeholders in senior management, business operations, software engineering, IT operations, finance, and other areas to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
- Prioritizes and manages internal agile workflows using JIRA (kanban boards/scrum processes) and Confluence
- Provides detailed requirements in form of user stories, process flows and wire frames to enable the development to proceed with minimal analysis support
- Defines User Acceptance test plans for internal teams and end-users
- Triage tickets for incoming requests, while managing the requirements, design and implementation of new features and initiatives
- Produces weekly reports to be produced to show progress against milestones, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies
- Analyzes/assesses/designs (with other technology team members) potential solution(s)
- Coordinates scheduled application downtime with stakeholders
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, management, or related field
- At least 6 years of experience in IT or software development
- Demonstrable experience writing requirements specifications for Information Systems
- Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting business processes / process mapping
- Proven ability to lead a team of engineers/QA specialists while liaising with internal SMEs and Product Owners through project inception to implementation
- A proven track record in Software Development and working within existing Design Systems and applications
- End-to-end experience managing all aspects of the of the SDLC project lifecycle
- Proven experience interacting directly with end-users via demos, requirements gathering sessions and in testing
- Results orientated with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced working within Agile teams and with variations of the Agile project methodology
- Experienced in soliciting and writing User Stories and requirements
- A good understanding of UX/UI design concepts and processes
- Ability to manage all aspects of large cross-functional projects
- You are a self-starter, demonstrate strong initiative & leadership within your projects and teams
- Knowledge and experience of working on a complex, technical, back-end system
- Analytical ability and a good grasp of the “big picture”
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate and document concepts, processes and ideas to the widest possible audience
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.