SoundExchange is conducting a search for a VP, Brand Marketing & Industry Engagement to lead the company’s marketing and engagement practice. As Head of Brand Marketing & Industry Engagement, the position will define, lead, and execute comprehensive marketing outreach strategies and campaigns to build awareness of and engagement with SoundExchange among music creators and music industry stakeholders. Additionally, this position is responsible for branding and design.
The position will serve as an executive member in the office of Corporate Affairs, reporting to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, and will be based in New York (preferred) or Los Angeles.
With this person’s help, SoundExchange will effectively engage and grow its roster of over 245,000 recording artists and master rights owners, and enhance awareness of the company’s important role in collecting and distributing digital performance royalties on their behalf.
- Annual strategic marketing plans and execution roadmaps aligned with measurable KPIs
- Membership outreach and growth strategy in support of SoundExchange’s portfolio of 245,000+ artists and master rights owners
- Marketing engagement strategy and execution, inclusive of paid media campaigns, influencer marketing campaigns, social media campaigns, and more
- Experiential and event strategy and execution, inclusive of owned and operated and sponsored/co-branded activations, events, and experiences
- Label and publisher relations and partnership strategy and execution, inclusive of majors and independents across all genres
- Artist support and relationship management efforts, inclusive of outreach to artists and management teams
- Social media and digital content development and management across all artist-facing platforms (Instagram, Twitter)
- Industry partnership and engagement strategies, inclusive of key industry events, conferences, speaking engagements, advisory boards, organizations, and alliances
- Development and stewardship of SoundExchange branding and development of marketing materials and assets, inclusive of branded videos, graphics, campaigns, presentations, designed merchandise, etc.
- Management of external agency partners and consultants
- 15+ years of progressive leadership experience in brand, consumer, engagement, and/or influencer marketing
- Music industry experience required
- Strong contacts across labels, management teams, music industry associations, and other music stakeholders
- Knack for creative and out-of-the-box campaign ideation
- Proven leadership and people management skills, with experience leading a team of marketing professionals in various geographic locations
- Significant digital and social media experience, with ability to adapt to new platforms
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to navigate a fluid and dynamic environment with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Sr. Director/Industry Engagement, Director/Industry Engagement, Manager/Industry Engagement, Sr. Manager/Marketing Operations, Specialist/Marketing Operations, Creative Director, Art Designer
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.