SoundExchange is conducting a search for a VP, Communications & Content Strategy to lead the company’s corporate communications and public relations practice. As Head of Communications & Content Strategy, the position is primarily responsible for defining and executing comprehensive, multiplatform internal and external marketing communications strategies to build awareness and equity for SoundExchange and its portfolio of brands. The position will serve as an executive member in the office of Corporate Affairs reporting to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer and will be based in New York (preferred) or Los Angeles.
With this person’s help, SoundExchange will effectively communicate to core audiences (creators, music industry influencers, legal and government bodies, and policymakers, etc.) about its important role in collecting and distributing digital performance royalties on behalf of over 245,000 recording artists’ and master rights owners’ accounts and administer direct agreements on behalf of rights owners and licensees.
- Strategic brand narrative development and corporate messaging for full suite of SoundExchange brands, inclusive of corporate brand, SX Works, SX Direct, and CMRRA (Canadian subsidiary)
- Earned media strategy and press relations, both inbound/reactive and outbound/proactive, across national, business, technology, music, and entertainment
- Executive visibility strategies, preparation and execution, inclusive of written and speaking engagements, media interviews, bylines and op-eds, panel and conference appearances, etc.
- Paid media and advertising strategies and campaigns, inclusive of content development, campaign design, and media buying and placements
- Internal communications strategy and deployment across all SoundExchange touchpoints
- Member communications management in support of SoundExchange’s portfolio of over 245,000 music creators
- Sponsorship and event strategy, inclusive of corporate events, trade events, conferences, award shows, etc.
- Corporate social media and digital content development and management across all platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- Design and stewardship of SoundExchange website
- Crisis communications, planning and execution as needed
- Management of external agency partners and consultants
- 15+ years of progressive leadership experience in corporate marketing and communications.
- Strong media contacts across a broad range of influencers and journalists covering the music, entertainment, technology and business landscape.
- Impeccable writing skills and a knack for narrative creation and storytelling
- Proven leadership and people management skills, with experience leading a team of marketing communications professionals in various geographic locations.
- Significant digital and social media experience, with ability to adapt to new platforms.
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to navigate a fluid and dynamic environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Manager of Media/Content Strategy, Manager of Comms/PR, Specialist of Comms/PR, Specialist of Media/Content Strategy
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé to [email protected].
Click here to learn more about SoundExchange.